As respected animal behaviour experts, Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourists (CCAB's) are regularly instructed by Social Services or child adoption or fostering organisations to assess pets within a household. This is primarily for dogs but can also apply to other species.
As a Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB), I am able to provide this service. I then prepare a detailed report which is sent to the organisation requesting the assessment. If necessary this can be presented to the court.
The assessment process involves:
- A home visit lasting approximately 2.5 hours
A report is then sent to the organisation requesting the assessment, to include:
- Owner experience and relationship with the animal(s)
- Exposure and behaviour in social situations, training background and health issues
- Practical home considerations
- Behaviour and temperament with household members, visitors, the general public and children of various age groups
- A professional opinion on any risks these animals may present to children
- Advice regarding the introduction of children and animals
I am also able to conduct a behaviour, risk and welfare assessment for dogs being considered for a school or therapy-based role.
The cost for this service is £475 based on a single dog, plus travel fees incurred (£1.50 for return mileage from GU51 3LY). Please contact me for a quote for other species or for multi-dog households.