Animal Behaviour Consult Ltd is owned and managed by myself, Deborah Fry. I am based in Hampshire and travel across parts of Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire for behaviour consultations or assessments, and offer nationwide and international online behaviour consultations. I work with dogs, cats and rabbits exhibiting all problem behaviours. My expert witness work is nationwide and occasionally international.
I am a Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB) accredited by the Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB). I am also a Certificated Member of the Fellowship of Animal Behaviour Clinicians (FABC) and a Full Member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC). In addition, I am registered as a Clinical Animal Behaviourist with the Animal Behaviour and Training Council (ABTC), and am an accredited Individual Member of the Expert Witness Institute (EWI). These accreditations are based on post-graduate qualifications, extensive clinical practice, clinical skill assessment and endorsement by referring Veterinary Surgeons. My BSc (Hons) in Animal Behaviour and Welfare was awarded by Bournemouth University, and my MSc in International Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law, by the University of Edinburgh. I have had a number of behaviour articles peer-reviewed and published in veterinary journals, and have presented on behaviour-related subjects at veterinary conferences. I regularly attend conferences, seminars and webinars to remain informed of scientific developments in the field of animal behaviour.
I am a founder member of the Fellowship of Animal Behaviour Clinicians (FABC), and serve on the committee as Professional Development Liaison. I offer teaching and supervision opportunities for those working towards their clinical animal behaviour accreditation goals.
Accreditation and Qualification Overview
- ASAB-accredited Certificated Clinical Animal Behaviourist (CCAB)
- Certificated Member of the Fellowship of Animal Behaviour Clinicians (FABC)
- Full Member of the Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC)
- Animal Behaviour and Training Council (ABTC) registered Clinical Animal Behaviourist
- Individual (vetted) Member of the Expert Witness Institute (EWI)
- Registered animal behaviour assessor for child adoption and fostering placements (see associated APBC register)
- BSc (Hons) in Animal Behaviour and Welfare, awarded by Bournemouth University
- MSc in International Animal Welfare, Ethics and Law, awarded by the University of Edinburgh